Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Alone

I just found out and I’m unsure and scared
facing pressure and parents, it all seems so unfair;
Is there really something inside me so small and with life?
Could I really be a mother even if I’m not a wife?
I’m sorry little one, I just don’t know what to do;
I want to pretend you’re not there, but you are, aren’t you?
I wish it would just go away and be a bad dream
This feels like a nightmare, I just want to scream!
They tell me it’s no big deal, a clump of cells doesn’t need a tomb
But my heart tells me otherwise, there is a soul inside my womb
I learned you have a little heart that beats today
But I have to ignore it, otherwise what would they say?
I’m so young, I’d feel such shame if people knew
My parents would kill me, and he’s not ready too
I feel so alone, so lost and undone
All the pressure’s on me, and the weight is a ton
I’ll just go to that place and then it will all be through
I’ll go back to my life, never knowing you...

Listen to me, you don’t have to do it
I’ve been there and I know you can get through it
We have one chance at this life so do the right thing
Sacrifice for love and not regret anything
Don’t live your days knowing he never had a chance
To smell a sweet flower or feel the wind dance
You can be strong and you are not alone
One day he will thank you at how through adversity you shone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not a mother and before seeing your words I was very indifferent to the whole subject of abortion. It didn't affect me, so why would I care?
But after coming to this website, and reading your words. There is no way I will ever be the same.
Life is so precious. I thank God for guiding me to this place, and igniting a passion for this cause....